Best Paying Jobs in Basic Industries and Salaries 2023
Are you seeking an exciting and well-paying career in the primary industry sector? Look no further! This comprehensive guide will explore the best-paying jobs in primary industries and their respective salaries for 2023.
As the world continues to evolve, primary industries remain vital to the global economy, providing essential raw materials, goods, and services across various sectors.From agriculture and mining to manufacturing and energy and future AI-enabled Company, there are numerous opportunities for skilled and unskilled professionals in this ever-growing field.
So, without further ado, let’s talk about the top trusted online jobs for students and other individuals seeking a lucrative career in primary industries.
And, if you need to know about the most in-demand skills for the future 2030 according to the World Economic Forum Report 2023, you can also read it.
What are Basic Paying Industries?
They are the primany industry whose work is to extract the raw materials and natural resources from excavation. The final products of these excavated raw materials, we mainly used in our daily life and also used in the industry to make different other products. The work force of this industry is vast.
Market Projection in Basic-Paying Industries
According to the Industry Market 4.0 data published by “Fortune Business Insights,” the 2022 market value of $130.30 billion is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 16.3% to $377.30 billion by 2029.
List of Top 20 Best-Paying Jobs in Basic Industries
1. Petroleum Engineer
Average Yearly Pay: $137,720
Petroleum engineers are responsible for designing and developing methods for extracting oil and gas from reservoirs beneath the Earth’s surface. They also oversee drilling and production operations to ensure efficiency and safety. They work closely with geologists to locate and evaluate potential oil and gas deposits and devise efficient extraction techniques. With the growing demand for energy resources, petroleum engineering offers excellent opportunities for students looking for trusted online jobs. All you need is a bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering or a related field and a passion for problem-solving.
Online Jobs for Students in Petroleum Engineering
- Remote Reservoir Engineer: Work on reservoir simulations, production forecasts, and reserve estimations for oil and gas companies.
- Freelance Drilling Consultant: Provide drilling expertise and guidance to oil and gas companies on a project-by-project basis.
- Online Tutor: Teach petroleum engineering concepts and courses to students worldwide.
2. Mining Engineer
Average Yearly Pay: $99,370
Mining engineers are responsible for designing and overseeing the construction of mines and extracting minerals from the Earth. They also develop methods for processing minerals and ensure that mining operations are efficient and safe. As a mining engineer, you can find trusted online jobs where you can apply your knowledge of mining principles and practices.
Online Jobs for Students in Mining Engineering
- Virtual Mine Planning Engineer: Assist mining companies in developing mine plans, schedules, and production forecasts.
- Remote Geotechnical Engineer: Analyze and assess the stability of mine structures and provide geotechnical recommendations.
- Online Tutor: Teach mining engineering concepts and courses to students worldwide.
3. Chemical Engineer
Average Yearly Pay: $108,770
Chemical engineers focus on designing and developing processes for producing chemicals, fuels, and other products. They also oversee the operation of chemical plants and ensure that they are safe and efficient. There are several online jobs for students interested in chemical engineering to earn money while gaining valuable experience in this field.
Online Jobs for Students in Chemical Engineering
- Remote Process Engineer: Design and optimize chemical processes for various industries, such as pharmaceuticals, food and beverages, and petrochemicals.
- Freelance Environmental Engineer: Assess and develop solutions for environmental issues related to chemical processes and waste management.
- Online Tutor: Teach chemical engineering concepts and courses to students worldwide.
4. Materials Scientist
Average Yearly Pay: $96,810
Materials scientists research and develop new materials for various applications, such as metals, ceramics, and plastics. They also develop methods for processing and manufacturing materials, ensuring they meet specific requirements, such as strength and durability. With a background in materials science, students can find various online jobs that allow them to apply their knowledge and skills.
Online Jobs for Students in Materials Science
- Remote Material Researcher: Work on research projects involving developing and characterizing new materials and their applications.
- Freelance Materials Consultant: Provide expert advice on material selection, processing, and testing for various industries.
- Online Tutor: Teach materials science concepts and courses to students worldwide.
5. Agricultural Engineer
Average Yearly Pay: $80,720
Agricultural engineers develop and design equipment, structures, and systems for agricultural production. They also devise methods for processing and storing agricultural products, ensuring efficiency and sustainability. For students interested in agricultural engineering, several trusted online jobs offer flexible work schedules and the opportunity to gain practical experience.
Online Jobs for Students in Agricultural Engineering
- Remote Precision Agriculture Specialist: Develop and implement precision agriculture technologies and practices to improve crop production and resource management.
- Freelance Irrigation Consultant: Design and optimize irrigation systems for agricultural clients.
- Online Tutor: Teach agricultural engineering concepts and courses to students worldwide.
6. Soil Conservationist
Average Yearly Pay: $64,588
Soil conservationists work to preserve and improve the quality of soil used for agricultural production. They help landowners address issues related to soil, water, plants, and other natural resources. As a soil conservationist, you can find trusted online jobs that allow you to impact the environment while earning a salary positively.
Online Jobs for Students in Soil Conservation
- Remote Soil Scientist: Analyze and assess soil samples for agricultural clients, providing recommendations for soil management.
- Freelance Erosion Control Consultant: Develop and implement erosion control plans for construction and agricultural projects.
- Online Tutor: Teach soil conservation concepts and courses to students worldwide.
7. Synthetic Chemist
Average Yearly Pay: $85,220
Synthetic chemists design and develop synthetic materials, chemicals, and fuels. They apply their chemistry, physics, and engineering knowledge to solve technical problems related to processing crude oil, natural gas, and other resources. Students pursuing a career in synthetic chemistry can find various online jobs that allow them to apply their skills and knowledge.
Online Jobs for Students in Synthetic Chemistry
- Remote Chemical Researcher: Work on research projects involving synthesizing and characterizing new chemicals and materials.
- Freelance Chemical Analyst: Provide analytical services for various industries, such as pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and food and beverages.
- Online Tutor: Teach synthetic chemistry concepts and courses to students worldwide.
8. Truck Driver
Average Yearly Pay: $77,525
Truck drivers play a crucial role in transporting goods from one place to another in primary industries. While truck driving may not be a traditional online job, it offers flexibility and independence for students looking to earn money while gaining real-world experience.
Online Jobs for Students in Truck Driving
- Freelance Long-Haul Driver: Transport goods and products across long distances, often working on a contract basis for various companies.
- Remote Dispatch Coordinator: Manage and coordinate trucking routes, schedules, and deliveries for a transportation company.
- Online Tutor: Teach truck driving concepts and courses to students worldwide.
9. Mining and Geological Engineer
Average Yearly Pay: $81,944
Mining and geological engineers plan, design, and oversee the construction of mines and the extraction of minerals from the Earth. They also develop methods for processing minerals and ensure that mining operations are efficient and safe. Students interested in mining and geological engineering can find various online jobs that allow them to apply their skills and knowledge.
Online Jobs for Students in Mining and Geological Engineering
- Remote Geotechnical Engineer: Analyze and assess the stability of mine structures and provide geotechnical recommendations.
- Freelance Exploration Geologist: Conduct mineral exploration and resource assessments for mining companies.
- Online Tutor: Teach students mining and geological engineering concepts and courses worldwide.
10. Operations Manager
Average Yearly Pay: $71,000
Operations managers oversee the day-to-day activities of an organization or department. They typically work in production or quality control and must have strong leadership skills and knowledge of manufacturing processes. Students interested in operations management can find various online jobs that allow them to apply their skills and knowledge.
Online Jobs for Students in Operations Management
- Remote Production Supervisor: Oversee the production process, manage staff, and ensure product quality and efficiency for a manufacturing company.
- Freelance Project Manager: Manage and coordinate projects for various industries, ensuring deadlines and budgets are met.
- Online Tutor: Teach operations management concepts and courses to students worldwide.
11. Agricultural Chemist
Average Yearly Pay: $41,110 -$125450
Agricultural chemists study the effects of chemicals on crop growth, soil health, and environmental safety. They develop new chemical formulations and application methods to improve crop yield and reduce losses due to pests, diseases, and environmental factors.
12. Health and Safety Officer
Average Yearly Pay: $108,836
Health and safety officers ensure the smooth and safe operation of primary industries. They develop and implement safety policies and procedures, conduct inspections and audits, and provide training and guidance to employees.
13. AI and Machine Learning Specialists
Average Yearly Pay: $70,000 – $125,000
With the growing Internet use and cyber security issues, the demand for Artificial Intelligence has gradually increased. So, the demand for Data Science Engineers and Cyber Security Experts will increase in the Future. If the students are focusing on this field, there is a good chance in the Future.
14. Fintech Engineers
Average Yearly Pay: $136,348
In this field, the engineers working in financial work like technology building in the finance sector and high-security mechanism building for protecting the banking sector and saving the economy from financial fraud. Fintech Engineers have a good knowledge of Finance and IT Technology.
15. Robotics Engineers
Average Yearly Pay: $70,000 – $144,000
In this field, engineers focus on making machines replicating human actions. Robotics engineers create robotic machines for the industries such as mining, manufacturing, automobile, services, etc. When the Covid -19 started, the demand for robotics engineers was slowly increasing.
Additional Information: Online Jobs for Students to Earn Money
As a student looking for a flexible and convenient way to earn money while pursuing your education, consider exploring the world of online jobs. Some popular online jobs for students to earn money include:
- Online tutoring and homework help
- Freelance writing or editing
- Graphic design or web development
- Social media management
- Virtual assistant work
These jobs can be a great way to gain experience in your chosen field while earning extra cash. Plus, many online student jobs offer flexible hours, allowing you to balance your work and school commitments. And if you’re interested in online homework jobs, plenty of platforms connect students with tutors and homework helpers across various subjects.
The best-paying jobs in primary industries offer many career opportunities with attractive salaries and growth potential. From petroleum engineering to Health and safety officers, these jobs provide a solid foundation for individuals seeking a rewarding and stable career path. So, whether you’re a student looking for online jobs to earn money or a professional seeking a new challenge in primary industries, there’s no better time to start exploring your options.